Qais Age

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 06, 2010

Starting on Solid Food

I've started giving solid food to my baby on 5th Dec, 2 days before him turning 5 months.I gave him Heinz Baby First Food - rice with iron fortified. I've talked to my friend Hanim about it and she said she gave Fahim, her son solid food when he was 4 months plus. But she warned me, if doctors asked about it, make it a 'hush-hush' thing.




There are several developments on Qais now, he could:

1. Control his hands better, he can hold his bolster, touch my face and my hand, pretty much anything that he could put his hands on - including his dad's lips..haha

2. He can roll over both ways now.

3. He started to grab his playpen's edge. Maybe he's trying to stand up..trying to get attention from us.

4. He cries when either of us are not near him - when he's awake.

5. He would prefer to be picked-up rather than lying down in his playpen.

6. He watches cartoons - especially on 611 Astro Channel Ceria. He loves Kampung Boy and The Dragon Hunter.

7. He smiles and sometimes laughs when I sang 'Do Re Mi' from the sound of music movie and the 'Rock-a-bye-baby' song. I've even downloaded them on my laptop.

8. He can sit up pretty well in his bath tub. He loves bathing with lots of bubbles.. He sometimes moves his legs as if he's playing with the water + bubbles - not forgetting his hands flapping on the water.

9. He wakes up twice at night because he's hungry.

10. He had his first poo just now - sometime at 4 p.m. and I was glad that he was able to digest his solid food very well. Alhamdulillah.

No comments: